Sunday, April 28, 2013

Welcome to my world of science and striptease

Greetings!  My name is Hana Li (rhymes with "wanna be").  I'm a newcomer in the Dallas burlesque scene, but some of you might have seen me around at shows with my D-SLR or selling merchandise or picking up panties at the Dallas Burlesque Festival.  I was also one of the presenters at All-con's History of Burlesque panel.  For the past year, I've been taking classes at the Ruby Room, and I recently joined the Academy of Queerlesque's burlesque performance group.  I'll be making my stage debut on May 3 at the Panty Raid show, Beauty and the Butch.



The title of this blog comes from a joke a friend made in college about how instead of stripping his way through medical/graduate school, he was going to lab tech his way through stripper school.  One day, it occurred to me that his statement has become the truth for me (I do neuroscience research on fruit flies in the daytime).  Funny how life works sometimes.

Most of the entries here are cross-posted on Dieselpunks After Dark, which is where I began documenting my journey to becoming more than just a student.  Since I've only gotten started (and will be busy with non-burlesque things the next few months), I'll be reposting my old entries from Dieselpunks After Dark and share a few more photos from past shoots until I'm all caught up.

I won't be sharing much about my day job, but I'll find a way to work science in.  I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment